Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
Dougbm_2
Regular MemberPosts: 287Gear list
Like?
Re: Superb - massively under-rated.
In reply to papillon_65, 9 months ago

papillon_65 wrote:

Clem Nichols wrote:

A great deal is made about the slow auto-focus of the G1X, but based on my, albeit limited, experience with P&S cameras, it's about average, and I see it as a non-issue. Likewise the lack of macro focusing, for which I'll use my 7D and 100mm f/2.8. The most annoying feature of the G1X to me is the shutter delay and the slow shot-to-shot time which apparently don't seem to bother others nearly as much as the auto-focus speed. I find this a little puzzling, but then I guess different strokes for different folks.

I have a 96mb/s Sandisk Extreme Pro card in mine with review switched off. There is a bit of lag but nothing that bothers me but I understand where you're coming from on that one. I have a little Sigma DP2X, superb IQ but you don't know slow lag times until you've used one of these quirky little gems, take a shot and put the kettle on :

Haha! Sounds like my X100 shooting Raw - nearly 4 sec to write but you can continue to shoot pretty much immediately but just not review images or alter menus. Pretty much the same as my old Sigma SD14.

Dougbm_2's gear list:Dougbm_2's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow