Im seriously ready to cry Sony. On my 3rd A7 already, they keep sending me bunk units

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff31M
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
Im seriously ready to cry Sony. On my 3rd A7 already, they keep sending me bunk units
6 months ago

Hey all. Jeff in Sask Canada here.

Sigh.....

So from day one I decided I was going to get an A7. I did the first pre-order that Best Buy offered.

I waited patiently. As the pr-order was a bit of a wait. Got the camera. Great, love it. But why does my Menu button not work all the time, ughh, gotta grab another one. Whats that, not in stock? Looks like I have to exchange and order another one.

Order another one, wait patiently for two weeks due to Xmas shopping and slow shipping. Second one arrives. Oh joy, another BUTTON malfunction, this time on the wheel. The up portion where DISP is is hammered down and offers no feedback. Drat, I need to do this again.

Round three. Pull the camera out of the box, and right off the bat I see a small crack in the screen......

Who the hell is doing quality control on these things. Im spending 2200$ after taxes on this camera with the kit lens and I swear im dealing with a 10$ toy. I so want this camera to work and be the one, but this is seriously such a pi$$ off already. The worst part is that no one in my city of 300,000 actually STOCKS the camera. I have to order it in.

sigh had to come rant.....

Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow