How to shoot with manual lenses on the A7/r?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Minomaniac
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Re: How to shoot with manual lenses on the A7/r?
In reply to Carsfeverguy, 8 months ago

Carsfeverguy wrote:

Great reply. I am falling in love with this camera.

And the Leica lenses are just yummy.

Any way to only press once and get into focus magnification?

Good for you. I'm beginning to hate mine. It's not the body that annoys me, it's the firmware. All the things you criticise and more where already solved in the NEX 7:

- when you attach a lens without aperture control to the NEX there is no blinking F. It just says "--"

- zooming with one button click is no problem

- there is no annoying air plane symbol in the pictures while reviewing with exif information

- you can zoom the review picture comfortable with the command button and wheel

- native lenses can be used in Auto ISO. They even managed to screw that one up on A7r. 1/focal length is much to slow for constantly sharp pics with 36 MP at pixel level.

So instead of finally giving us the opportunity to set the minimum shutter speed in Auto Iso - a feature that Alpha users are demanding since Minolta days - they harmed the usability of the system. Implementing an insufficient workaround with Auto Iso in M mode therefore sounds like purest cynicism for me.

I' very curious now what surprises a firmware update will bring. Can it get even worse?

Sorry for being so negative. But the above points really bother me. It seems like I have to live with it, because I love the picture quality the camera produces and I love the grip that lets me comfortable use my SLR lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow