X100(s) and X-Pro1 owners, what is your usage ratio between OVF and EVF?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Clint Dunn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,234Gear list
Like?
OVF too innacurate
In reply to kevinschoenmakers, 8 months ago

The OVF was a huge selling point when I bought my XPro1....if it hadn't had one I doubt I would have bought the camera. Then a funny thing...the framelines in the OVF (especially 2 yrs ago) were HUGELY inaccurate. I pride myself in my compositions and I literally never crop in post...get it tight at the moment of shooting and maximize the MP available has always been my motto. Out of necessity I started using the EVF and to be honest it gradually grew on me when I initially hated it....because at least the composition is 100% accurate.

The recent FW update improved the OVF accuracy greatly, but only on certain lenses! My 35mm as an example is now quite accurate using the OVF, but my 23mm is way too innacurate to trust the framelines. Really disappointing as I don't understand why they don't fix this.

-- hide signature --
 Clint Dunn's gear list:Clint Dunn's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
fujiNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow