Are Full Frame SLRs Obsolete?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
TheMeister
Regular MemberPosts: 122Gear list
Like?
Re: Crop sensors are certainly obsolete
In reply to NancyP, 6 months ago

NancyP wrote:

Focal length limited applications still benefit from the greater pixel density of APS-C. Example: bird photography. Large-field sports photography. I can get some pretty decent photos with an APS-C DSLR (60D) and 400mm f/5.6L. Would I like more focal length? Does the sun rise in the East? Realistically, those who don't have the ginormous 10,000.00+ lenses are likely better off with 400mm f/5.6L (or 100-400) on an APS-C camera, not a FF camera.

Also, my compacts are Sigma DP2M and DP3M APS-C Foveon sensor cameras. Great landscape cameras, fabulous detail and color subtlety.

-- hide signature --

NancyP

I own a Canon Power shot as a second little camera. I love it and it takes nice quick pics.

You are right with the price of crop lenses. Like i wrote: budget is an argument. For now it is!

but sooner or later full frame will get cheaper. Megpix will get more. Look at the Nikon D800 for example.

use it with a dx lens and you still get awesome pixeldensity.

now thats the future and thats why crop sensor cameras will certainly become obsolete.

TheMeister's gear list:TheMeister's gear list
Canon PowerShot A410 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
SureNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow