Help me choose my first set of lenses!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,969Gear list
Like?
Re: Help me choose my first set of lenses!
In reply to honeyiscool, 6 months ago

honeyiscool wrote:

The problem is that using a camcorder can be just sort of un-engaging and hard to be creative with.

Its not the camcorder or the camera it is the photographer or cinematographer. Basically you are saying every D.P. has no skill or imagination, well that all starts with an interest in movie making, creating a story board and planning. This is not about shooting a birthday party. Anyone can do that. It is how do you tell a birthday party story at a pace that keeps interest and put a logical story together. All you need is an establishing shot, medium shot and close ups in the right sequence at minimum to tell a story. If it is un-enganging or hard to be creative with it is the person behind the cameras problem.

Sure, your shots will be in focus and stabilized as you're hand holding the camera, but so what?

Are you serious, Ok, if your into the Earthquake look, great...I hope your not a wedding photography!

It just doesn't look like film.

that is why you can control Frames Per Second. You also have editing tools and plug in's Red Giant is great software.

With M43, as long as you respect the limitations, you can get video that are far more inspiring than any $1,500 Canon camcorder.

If you take an out of focus under exposed image that is not inspiring at all. You either are creative and have skill or you do not. the cost of the camera does not matter. The limitation is the users mind.

No, it's not the best option in the world if you want to be running around chasing ambulances and crime scenes, but if that was the case, we wouldn't be on this forum.

Ok, so then the Digital Video Talk forum here then.

That is perfectly fine no one wants to believe me or take my advice. I'm good with what I have and I know what I am doing. It will be a good learning experience for the forum to try and "make it work" But don't complain about it after the fact.

Video is Photography at 30 FPS. To tell a story with video and accompanied with audio is a task to do well.

ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow