Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,863Gear list
Like?
Re: D is for Digital, F is for film.
In reply to dread_tai, 7 months ago

dread_tai wrote:

ravduc wrote:

Raztec, I think you should stop using the word 'cripple'. You find this camera crippled, I don't. What you do not seem to understand, is that by calling this camera 'crippled', you are in fact implying that we DF buyers don't know anything about cameras and have been ripped off by Nikon. This is where your comments become insulting. The DF is lacking certain features for you, but not for me. I know just as much about cameras as you. I have been using them for almost 40 years.

I really think that the DF was aimed at a specific type of photographer with specific needs. Imho my purchasing of this camera will have no impact on the variety of cameras that will be offered by Nikon in the future. They will continue to make cameras like the D4 or D800 and will cater if need be to buyers like myself. Nothing wrong with that!

i simply cannot understand how ANYONE can feel "insulted" by the words of someone who is a complete and utter stranger to all of u. i don't understand how anyone can allow someone's views on a camera, regardless of pro or con, to have such personal emotional effects on someone else. why do U or anyone else care what Raztec or anyone else has written here or elsewhere, to the point of u feeling "insulted"? if u don't agree, and believe the comment(s) do not pertain to u, then so what?!

People clearly blow off steam here.

You get to give strong opinions without getting smacked in the head.

i've said it before, and i'll say it again: some of u take this place, et al, and your "gear" way too serious, and way too personal. your gear is NOT your spouse, your gear is not your parent, and your gear is not your child. so quit acting so emotional and up in arms over an OPINION by someone else. this is the INTERNET, and not your "real" world, or at least i hope not.

The internet can intrude on the real world, distract from or augment it. It's up to the individual. It's all good fun to me, but then I'm not a very serious person much of the time.

enjoy what u have, for whatever reasons U HAVE, and what does it matter what someone else thinks?

I so agree with this. Someone has more, many have less. If I'm unlucky, then I'm the luckiest unlucky person on Earth....something my grandmother used to say. Boy was she a PIA!

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow