The Philosophy of Nikon Df

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Andrewteee
Senior MemberPosts: 2,341Gear list
Like?
Keen observations indeed
In reply to eNo, 6 months ago

eNo wrote:

The keenest observation about the Df is how aptly it fulfills the poser mentality that infuses forums like this one and all but obscures clear-eyed considerations about what photography is about. In that sense, Nikon is tapping into a real market, namely that which is sustained by utter boredom-driven search for the next latest-and-greatest gadget.

The keenest observation I've encountered is that the Df is simply a camera and cameras take pictures. But I've also observed that a few people try hard to be clever when they criticize the Df or the photographers who enjoy using it.

But I'm curious... what are these clear-eyed considerations about what photography is all about?

Tip: gadgets don't capture life. Hearts and vision do.

What does a statement like that even mean? That we don't need gadgets to take pictures/capture life? I suppose that is true... unless you're referring to capturing through memory only, simple pencil and paper will certainly capture life, either through words or pictures.

And if hearts and vision is all that we need, but we still like to take pictures, then all we need is our iPhones. What do you think?

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Ricoh GR Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Pentax K-3 HD Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow