Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rich Holland
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Canon 5D MKIII has a green cast/tint
11 months ago

Quick background: Over the course of the year I have been shooting with 3 different 5D MKIII's. I have also been using the 5D MKII and a 550D.  I always shoot RAW and the subject-matter I photograph varies from building interiors to landscapes. I process all my images in LR5 - I recently upgraded from LR4.

I have found that the images produced by the 5D MKIIIs have a very distinct green cast when I increase their exposure during post processing. This cast also appears when I bump up the shadows. The images produced by this camera always seem to have a very subtle green cast, which doesn't really bother me because I can work it out in LR. However, the intensity of green magnifies significantly when I am dealing with an image that is underexposed - even if it's just a bit. The intensity of the green is very pronounced and impossible to get rid of unless I want to affect the entire image.

I have found this to be the case for every MKIII I have worked with and have never experienced this issue with any of the other previously mentioned cameras.  I don't claim to be a guru when it comes to colors and profiles, but I am thinking there may be a profile I can download that will resolve this?

I have found other 5D MKIII owners to experience this same problem, but have yet to locate a solution - if there is one. I am at a loss. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

For demonstration purposes, I have included two versions of the same underexposed image. One is the original and the other has had its exposure increased in LR5:

Original underexposed image

I bumped up the expose by 2.55 in LR5

Rich Holland's gear list:Rich Holland's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow