Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Daedalus2000
Senior MemberPosts: 4,035
Like?
Re: APS-C Leica T type 701 to be announced in April
In reply to borgein, 7 months ago

borgein wrote:

APS-C sensor.

Why oh why? When everyone else seems to be transitioning more and more FROM APS-C to FF Leica does the opposite. Great. Makes sense. Not. A little late maybe?

I disagree a bit. I have found that a good APS-C sensor achieves a good balance between cost, image quality and camera size. I think micro 4/3 sensors can be a bit noisy, and full frame is of course better but creates more cost and increase size of camera body and lenses. For example, look at the Ricoh GR vs Sony RX1 for a relative.

I'm sure this system won't have a chance against the Fuji X system for example. Both in regards to quality, cost and especially support!

Big assumptions here. I like the fujifilms but I think Leica files can be easier to work with and hopefully lenses can be better.

Kaufmann needs to wake up and stop trying to play around with everything and rather focus fully on what Leica actually get's some income from: The M-system.

Well, Kaufmann has taken a company from the brink of collapse to a good profitable state, so I do not think you can so easily dismiss him. You may not agree with his actions, but to say to a successful person that they need to "wake up" is a bit too much... I think most of us would love to be half as successful as his is.

Best, D

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow