How to shoot with manual lenses on the A7/r?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Miki Nemeth
Contributing MemberPosts: 592Gear list
Like?
Re: How to shoot with manual lenses on the A7/r?
In reply to DWMurf, 8 months ago

DWMurf wrote:

I am surprised how well my legacy manual lenses work in any mode, including Aperture Priority, and all the Auto and Scene modes. The only difference is having to set the aperture on the lenses of course.

Hi David, you are totally right Sony made a very consistent and intuitive design for NEX cameras.

Auto flash works as well as long as I am in one of the Auto modes, and there are numerous flash modes to choose from such as Fill, Slow Sync, Rear Curtain, and there is Flash Comp control as well.

Definitely, I should experiment more to fully understand the intricacies of how Sony flashes work on the A7 with a MF attached.

I think that if you experiment a little more with your wonderful new camera, that you will be very pleasantly surprised that it works better than you first realized.

I am terribly happy with my A7; I am really sorry now that I have not started with a NEX camera several months earlier.

Take care, David, and all the best, Miki

Miki Nemeth's gear list:Miki Nemeth's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-A1 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow