How to shoot with manual lenses on the A7/r?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
DWMurf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: How to shoot with manual lenses on the A7/r?
In reply to Miki Nemeth, 11 months ago

As someone who is looking forward to owning an A7/r someday, I have read your experience with interest and appreciate your helpful post here which is great food for thought.

I have only a lowly NEX 3N to use right now, and I am surprised how well my legacy manual lenses work in any mode, including Aperture Priority, and all the Auto and Scene modes. The only difference is having to set the aperture on the lenses of course.

Auto flash works as well as long as I am in one of the Auto modes, and there are numerous flash modes to choose from such as Fill, Slow Sync, Rear Curtain, and there is Flash Comp control as well.

I think that if you experiment a little more with your wonderful new camera, that you will be very pleasantly surprised that it works better than you first realized.

-- hide signature --

David

DWMurf's gear list:DWMurf's gear list
Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Utltimate Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow