Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
raztec
Regular MemberPosts: 421Gear list
Like?
Re: D is for Digital, F is for film.
In reply to lolopasstrail, 10 months ago

lolopasstrail wrote:

lolopasstrail wrote:

I really like the experience of shooting with my Df, overpriced though it was. ...

But one of its best features it that it drives ordinary people nuts.

We're now starting to see an even funnier phenomenon. Since their attempts to bash the camera have failed, and reports are coming in of people liking the Df very very much, instead of backing off the detractors have doubled down.

They now feel fit to psychoanalyze all customers of the Df. The buyers of the Df are all this, or all that, and in any event more ignorant and less wise than I am. We see it not only in forum posters, but in some famous bloggers, including a famous Nikon blogger just yesterday.

Df users who like their cameras and decided to keep them instead of returning them or selling them, are victims of their own self delusion because since they paid so much money they are now mindlessly enslaved by that expenditure and feel compelled to justify it. Df users are unique in this, whereas if you use other model cameras you just like them because you are cleverer than those Df robots.

It's getting silly. As more and more people enjoy the Df, instead of just admitting they were mistaken, they get more and more tied up with their previous statements, and for some strange reason get angry at foolish Df users.

From a distance, they seem to be somehow wrapped up in their own dogma. I mean, why do they even care about some model they don't care about, why the sudden concern about the sanity of people who buy different consumer luxury toy models than they do? It's.... odd.

I see your point. Apologies for insulting you or other Df owners.

The truth is that the anger (or extreme disappointment rather) is directed at Nikon which many of us believe has dressed up a great sensor in poorly conceived design with crippled features and is then charging an exorbitant amount for it. For us it's got greed and pretentiousness written all over it.

But by association, the anger gets directed at Df owners as well who have bought into this philosophy. That is wrong, I agree. The only rationale I can see for this is that when people buy this camera it sends a message to Nikon that what they are doing is ok. Perhaps this is misplaced because Nikon are only responding to a small segment of photographers. But what we are afraid of is that they'll continue to follow on this path of giving us pretentious and crippled cameras instead of small form full featured pro cameras like the D300 or D700.

That is all.

Raz

raztec's gear list:raztec's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow