Tokina ATX 150-500mm/5.6 on e-Bay

Started Dec 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
thegreat26
Regular MemberPosts: 106Gear list
Like?
Re: Tokina ATX 150-500mm/5.6 on e-Bay
In reply to Rod McD, 11 months ago

Well this is my message reagarding my purchase of that specific tokina 150-500 lens.

I always wanted this lens so i gave it a bid.

I WON IT i received it today from japan ay 7:45 in the morning. And i took her for a ride to capture some flamingoes. As soon as the sun hit the lens i saw a couple of spots under the first glass element and a large amount of haze inside.

I felt really stupid because a friend of mine i think inside here was warning us about buying used lens from the net.

I contacted the seller and he offered me 20usd as a compensation. Jesus........

I paid 518usd for this no fungus no haze excelent + condition lens and he offered me 20usd as compensation.

Anyway i asked for a full refund i already send them back and i am already almost 160usd poorer because i lost all the money i paid for customs plus the 44 euros for sending the lens back.

This is the exact answer i took:

Hello,

Sorry for my mistake.
I had missed to correct my template.
I misunderstood the spots were on the filter.
I can accept 20USD refund as compensation.

I hope you enjoy with the lens,

Thank you,

So my dear friends be extra cautious and careful before buying used lens from the internet.

thegreat26's gear list:thegreat26's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow