Is the Sony Nex-6 the right move for me? (or should I look into other Mirrorless / DSLRs?)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
icycool123
Regular MemberPosts: 164Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the Sony Nex-6 the right move for me? (or should I look into other Mirrorless / DSLRs?)
In reply to TiagoReil, 8 months ago

Heres how i see it.

You seem to enjoy taking random  shots of people and quite a few of these seem to be in low light situations.

I'd recommend a dslr/dslt in these situations as nex can be slow to af in dim lighting situations. I own both so i know what i'm talking about. If you're used to using the lcd, try a a58/a65. Usage wise it feels very similar to using a mirrorless as live view is perpetually on. In terms of investment, dslr/dslt lens are significantly cheaper especially if purchased used. For the same price of a 18-105g lens, you can purchase a 16-50 f2.8 sony lens. If on a budget, the 17-50 f2.8 tamron lenses are available.

35 f1.8 dslr lens is 1/2 the price of the 35 f1.8 for the nex. I could go on and on. But you get my point. Alternatively, you can get a nex and a la ea2 adapter that allows you to mount the dslt lenses on the nex for the best of both worlds.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow