Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cubzfan61
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
Which pair of Fuji's?
9 months ago

Hi.  I currently own a Fuji X-E2 with 23 1.4, 35 1.4, 18-55 and 55-200 (also plan to pick up the 14mm).  I have a trip to Germany coming up this Spring and thought it would be great to have a second body, to reduce lens changes and make it quicker to get the focal length I need.  I picked up a Fuji X-M1 body from Amazon Warehouse for less than $350.  Said "very good" condition, but it looks like a new camera.  I miss the EVF, but having the tilting screen is nice and might come in handy for certain shots.

My question is..   Do you think a better setup would be selling the 23 1.4 and returning the X-M1 and adding an X100S?  I've read a lot of good things about the X100s.  Negatives would be that one of the two cameras would be a fixed lens, so I'd always be working with 23mm and whatever I chose for the second body.  Also the quality of the 23 1.4 is probably a bit better than the 23 2.0 on the X100s, although it's a lot larger in size.   Positives of the X100s is the hybrid viewfinder, leaf shutter, and compact size.  Could throw the x100s in a jacket pocket when we go out for the evening.

Other option (I guess) would be to keep the X-M1 and pick up the X100s (selling the X-E2), but I don't think I'd want my only interchangeable lens body to be without an EVF.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Kevin

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow