Oly 12-40mm for Portraits?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
sebiruns
Regular MemberPosts: 122Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly 12-40mm for Portraits?
In reply to Jean Luke, 7 months ago

First of all. Thanks for all the great input.

But I think I have to clear something up. I am not new to photography - just to this forum. I do not have anybody around me who is interested in photography like I am. Wife, brother, sister, friends etc. are not that interested so I do not talk about it too much with them as they would be bored anyways. That is why I joined the dpreview forum.

So while I am by no way as good as many of you when it comes to taking portraits and photographing other things I am interested in (landscape, wildlife, macro, street), I basically think I know what kinds of portrait I like. Usually I prefer portraits taken in snapshot situations as these tend to be more natural and don't ask too much from the subjects of my photography (mainly my son and wife). That is why I prefer a faster lens. I just wasn't sure if 2.8 is fast enough. So here are a couple of examples from last year. Feel free to criticize and make suggestions:

sebiruns's gear list:sebiruns's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
C&CNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow