X100(s) and X-Pro1 owners, what is your usage ratio between OVF and EVF?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
mplkn
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Varies by lens & situation...
In reply to kevinschoenmakers, 6 months ago

w/ 35mm, 95% OVF, 5% EVF, mainly if needed for manual focus;

w/ 18-55mm, 85% OVF, 15% EVF, usually a brief check for framing at the long end of the zoom, but often turns out to be unnecessary. Will sometimes do framing check at eye level by briefly reviewing shot just taken, maybe 30% of such reviews, the other reviews I use LCD. I keep review time set to 0, toggle reviews manually when wanted.

w/ 60mm, it varies, higher percentage of EVF when in macro mode or for manual focus, perhaps something over 50% of my use of the lens, and maybe 90% of that 50% with EVF. For general use as a med-long prime, I'm probably at 80% OVF, 20% EVF.

w/ 55-200mm, just about all EVF, although I'll use OVF at 55mm some percent of the time. The lens appearing in the OVF finder doesn't bother me - my Leicas show that too with the longer lenses. Having the picture area inside the bright frame viewable "in context" trumps the through-the-lens framing accuracy for me, especially at eye-level. When highest framing accuracy is called for, I find the LCD most convenient - feels similar to the waist-level finder on my RB67 (but without the reversal)...

Best wishes,

Michael

mplkn

mplkn's gear list:mplkn's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
fujiNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow