Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,903
Like?
FF DSLR to A7/A7r
8 months ago

Don't want to start a war but I thought it would be useful to know people's opinions of this transition.

Has it replaced your FF DSLR or is it a back up or travel camera?

What does is do better than your DSLR and vice versa?

I have used both extensively and if I could afford it I would have the A7 but still have a FF DSLR for greater flexibility of lens options and faster operation. However the A7's are excellent pieces of technology that will hopefully shame Canikon into stepping up and being more innovative rather than just their marketing team tweaking a current model.

That said I guess you won't see too many A7's at a premier league football game or at major press events just yet!

Just on that I recently did a few snaps for a friend at a wedding with the A7r and there were others with 5d's etc looking at me as if I had a small cheap no good camera! obviously what they didn't know, was that the images would be equally or better than theirs, unless of course they were  Jerry Uelsmann

Whats your storey?

Ian

Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow