Considering GM1 / 12-32 combo for tiny travel kit - requesting full res landscape samples

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jpgolf14
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Considering GM1 / 12-32 combo for tiny travel kit - requesting full res landscape samples
8 months ago

Hi there,

This is my first post in this forum. To introduce myself, I am a Nikon D600 user. I have an upcoming trip that will unfortunately not allow me to take my Nikon kit.

The reality of the situation is that my full kit for this trip needs to fit in a cargo pocket. Options I am considering:

Sony RX100II

Panasonic LX7 (already own)

Sony Nex 6 with 16-50

Panasonic GM1 with 12-32

Fixed focal compact (Nikon A, Ricoh GR, Sigma DPM's)

I have used the first 3. The reality is the LX7 will not be going as the picture quality is just not good enough. I am very comfortable with the Sony sensors as they react much like my Sony D600 sensor to editing. My biggest issue with the RX100 is the 28mm lens on the long end. If it was 24mm, I think that is the camera I would get. I like to shoot wide. On this trip I will be shooting mostly landscapes at base ISO.

What I am requesting is full res samples of the GM1 / 12-32 combo of landscapes at or near base ISO. I would also like to see the same with the 9-18 lens as well.

Thanks,

John

PS.  It was bad form of me to not include a photo in a photo post.  Here is the last photo I edited.

Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow