ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
joy_pic
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Need suggestion on Tele Lens
9 months ago

Hi everyone,

I think i should start with a brief introduction of the gear I have and the gears I want to have. At present, I have a Nikon D3100 camera along with the standard Kit lens (18-55mm). My plan is to explore the field of photography (and understand my potential) and then by a full frame camera like D700.

Having this in mind, I want to buy a telephoto lens that I will be able to use later if I buy a D700. At the same time, I obviously want that lens to work well with my present basic DSLR. While the 70-300 AF-S could have a good choice, I am having a mixed review about the optical quality of the image.

In the meanwhile, I have read a blog on some old Nikon lenses and am particularly impressed with the Nikon 80-200mm f/4 AI-s. I have read that it's a very good lens that is discontinued by Nikon by available as used.

I am thinking of buying a used Nikon 80-200mm f/4 AI-s. It is available at a very cheap price, so it would save me a lot of money. Later may be, i can think of buying a better lens (i.e. if I get myself the FX camera). Is that a good plan?

My second question, or rather concern, is how well the Nikon 80-200mm f/4 AI-s would work on D3100. I understand that autofocus won't work, but that's fine. I would like to know what other difficulties I will have working with this pair.

Finally, if you have any other suggestion, please share with me. and it would be really really great if you can share with me a few points that I can keep in mind while looking for an old lens.

Thanks in advance

Joydeep

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3100 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow