Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MostlyUnoriginal
Regular MemberPosts: 269Gear list
Like?
All In with Fuji
11 months ago

When I got the X-E2 I thought I would keep my D700 for the times when solid tracking AF would come in handy (I have a 4 year old and a 6 month old)… and there's really no denying that the D700 has better AF, but I'll be damned if I've used it once since the Fuji came. The difference just hasn't proved to be enough to overcome how much more I enjoy using the Fuji. Don't get me wrong, I <i>love</i> the D700. It was the first camera that ever came to feel almost like an extension of myself when I used it, in fact.  I just love the Fuji more.  This has all come as quite a surprise to me...  Turns out better AF matters not at all if I never pick the damned thing up!

Anyway, I've decided to sell the D700 because I just can't stand looking at an unused camera (and there's no way in hell I'd talk my wife into the 23 and some new pocket wizards with it collecting dust on the shelf!).

Here are some photos I took of the Nikon with the X-E2.  I thought I'd share them here not in an attempt to sell the Nikon to one of you (I have a feeling this is quite the wrong place to do that :-)), but because I was happy with how they came out, and I used some off-camera flash to take them, which I don't see a ton of around here.

Thanks for stopping by and listening to the semi-rambling confessions of a (former?!) Nikon shooter!

-- hide signature --
 MostlyUnoriginal's gear list:MostlyUnoriginal's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow