Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tim200
Regular MemberPosts: 165Gear list
Like?
Pana 12-35 has made me lazy
3 months ago

Until I got the 12-35 a few weeks ago, I'd used primes exclusively for indoor/limited light shooting.  Over the holidays here, I took the new lens to several family gatherings.  My wife has no interest in photography and has never commented on the quality of my photos.  She'd be just as satisfied with a snapshot from a phone.  After viewing these photos, she commented "Wow, those are nice.  That $1000 lens was a great buy."  In reality, the difference that she saw was due to several things, not necessarily better IQ.  I think it was more an improvement in composition, which in part resulted from the enjoyment of using this lens.

There's one problem...this lens has made me lazy!  I increasingly found myself sitting on my rear shooting subjects near and far without ever moving.  I was in comfort heaven and capturing more moments than usual because it felt less intrusive.

I had originally ordered the oly 12-40 and through some shipping mishaps ended up "settling" for the pana 12-35.  No regrets at all.  75% of my shots ended up at 35mm and there were times when that 5mm extra would have been nice but not a big deal.

Tim200's gear list:Tim200's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow