Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MtnGoatJoe
Regular MemberPosts: 317
Like?
A few Aperture Questions???
11 months ago

So, I'm thinking to bite the bullet and buy Aperture. I feel like I've outgrown iPhoto, but since I'm not a pro, iPhoto has served me pretty well for many years. But before I fork over $80, I have a few questions.

I've had trouble with my iPhoto database for a while. it works well for the most part, but it occassionally loses photos and/or thumbnails. I never muck around with in the source library, so I have no idea what is going on. I think it's a legacy issue since I've been using iPhoto for many years. But that's just a guess. I've tried rebuilding the library (and all the other options available at launch), but nothing has fixed the problem. Can I expect more sanity with Aperature? Note: Sometimes these problems fix themselves, but sometimes the don't.

Calendars: I create 3-4 calendars every year with LOTS of photos. Is the process any easier or better in Aperature?

Faces: Is the Faces algorithm any better, or is it the same? My problem is that I have so many photos of some people that iPhoto hopelessly lost for most of the people I tag the most often.

Thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow