Mount adapter for Canon EOS to Samsung NX Mount

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ttbek
Contributing MemberPosts: 936Gear list
Like?
Re: Mount adapter for Canon EOS to Samsung NX Mount
In reply to Jerry0619, 7 months ago

I use a Fotodiox adapter for EF to NX.  It hasn't given me the lens issue, but if it did, there is a thinner piece of metal in the adapter that is meant to push down the pin, so as someone here mentioned, bending that a little further towards the pin should do the trick, or wedging something small between that piece of metal and the adapter.  EF lenses have their aperture set electronically, so you're mostly stuck wide open with them on NX.  I have heard that you can convince them to stay at a chosen aperture by attaching them to a Canon camera, setting the aperture, and then removing the lens with the camera still on.  I've never tried this myself though, so best of luck.  I do like using the FD lenses on my camera though, I also have a Fotodiox adapter for that, it works perfectly (make sure the red dot lines up with install when attaching and detachign the FD lens to the adapter then turn it to engage the lens' set aperture, this can also function as a smooth aperture change, instead of clicked, for video).

ttbek's gear list:ttbek's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Nikon Coolpix L3 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow