s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,531Gear list
Like?
Re: BSI-CMOS sensor?
In reply to TheEngineer, 6 months ago

TheEngineer wrote:

s_grins wrote:

Steen Bay wrote:

According to DPR's news story the S-1 has a 16mp BSI-CMOS sensor. Very interesting if that's the case (would be the largest BSI sensor yet), but think it's most likely that it's a typo.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/01/09/jk-imaging-updates-kodak-line-with-superzooms-and-smart-lenses?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_0

Shame on me, but I have no clue about BSI. What does it mean?

Can it be bull-sh*t-incredible?

I think it refers to "backside illuminated" which means that all the "connections" to the photo sites are on the backside of the sensor and so there is more space for the photo sites themselves. This should result in a higher image quality.

Thank you, bro. Now I know what BSI stands for. Still, I have a problem with illumination that actually is something else.

Cheers

S.

-- hide signature --

Camera in bag tends to stay in bag...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow