Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
Really good EOS M deals
Jan 9, 2014

I'm currently seeing this camera down as low as $390 with the 22mm pancake and the 18-55 lens. I'm currently looking at this to step up my zoom range from my Panasonic LX7. The 18-55 doesn't really interest me that much in itself nor does the 22mm.

I can already cover both distances. I would be looking at this camera and buying an EF mount kit for something like either the 55-250, or the 70-300. I don't shoot action photos. I'm looking at this purely as a cheap entry into EF lenses more than anything else, I'd suppose the 22mm pancake and the 18-55 would come in handy in completing the setup other than that... I have little interest.

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't buy this camera considering I currently shoot nature, street and landscape photography and I'm not particularly interested in action photography? I know the AF is supposed to be slow, but are there any other real reasons not to buy this body?

I realise that the M2 has just been released however in terms of sensors if it's using the 100D sensor, the actual image quality isn't going to change one lick so, is it worth buying an EOS M at this point on clearance?

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow