Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dr hatem Ayman
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?
A7/A7R owners are hypocrites
8 months ago

Well not quite, you are wonderful but please read till the end.

I ordered the A7 and the LAEA4 adapter from day 1 from a local seller here in Cairo. Unfortunately it just arrived last week. During that time I was reading the forum on an hourly basis and came to the conclusion that its a niche camera more like a toy with useless AF , terrible border fringing and virtually no lens options whatsoever. In anticipation I bought 4 lenses

Minolta AF 50/1.4 and 28/2.8

Rokkor 20/2.8 and 50/1.4

All for a total of ~200 dollars from a local seller of used gear here in Cairo. When the camera arrived I was really awed and shocked. The AF (with the adapter) is so blazing fast that there is indeed no comparison to my other DSLR ( Nikon D800). The A7 is so much faster, when you turn on the camera I get the feeling the camera is practically kicking its feet to AF. In short this is an outstanding camera and I honestly see no reason to keep the D800 anymore. Besides even with the adapter it is still has a much smaller form factor that the D800, and the EVF, its a real beauty. All in all its a superb  camera guys. Unfortunately at this time and because of the negative and largely inaccurate posts on this forum I haven't sold my D800 yet.

Whats up with you guys, why dont you come out in the open and admit its a wonderful camera ??. why are you succumbing to the Sony bashers ??.

DISCLAIMER: I am no Sony fan-boy and I have no financial interest in Sony. I have always been a Canon guy (Since the AE-1) until the D800 came out and I got rid of all my Canon gear and replaced it with Nikon, and I will gladly do it again with Sony 2 years from now if Fuji for example comes up with anything better. In short I have no brand loyalty at all.

Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow