Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oluv
Senior MemberPosts: 1,972Gear list
Like?
LUMIX G Vario 3,5-5,6/12-32mm right side blur issue
11 months ago

I have tested 3 samples of the 12-32 and all of them showed a blurry right side between 12-15mm. The problem is, that this issue is not always obvious. In some shots I noticed it much more than in others. I tried eliminating the influence of OIS and shutter (only using electronic shutter on the GM1), but the blurry side sill appeared in many shots regardless of setting. The problem also increased if the lens was stopped down, it was less pronounced wide open, where the 12-32 seemed sharpest.

I could have accepted typical decentring as explanation, but it is quite unlike that all lenses are equally decentered only at the right side.

This makes me wonder, because many sample images from various different review sites show the same problem of a right side blurring. Even dpreview's own samples images show blur on the right side:

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/reviewsamples/photos/2739444/p9250159?inalbum=panasonic-lumix-gm1-samples-gallery

as well as those from photographyblog:

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_gm1_review/sample_images/

(eg. image13, image20).

Has anyone else noticed this?

Here is a 100% right edge crop form 2 images taken some minutes apart, the first one is quite acceptable, but the second one shows the mentioned blur:

here are both full sized images:

and here some further test images where you can see the problem (taken with a different lens than those above):

oluv's gear list:oluv's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow