Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NarN
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
FZ200 Auto mode?
11 months ago

I have been lurking on dpreview for a long time but just now created an account. I'm not a pro nor amateur. I'm your average dad who wants to shoot his kids/friends/events/places.

I have a cheap Samsung P&S for a few years and the speed/quality has become an annoyance. My wife has been asking for a better camera for some time now.

Besides a dad I'm also a volleyball coach who wants to record players actions during practice and games.

After searching and reading lots of reviews I have narrowed it down to the DMC-FZ200 or the more compact DMC-TZ40. Both can shoot 1080p @ 60fps and 720p @ 120fps which would be great for analyzing sports. Quality would be good enough for analysis.

Some posts on the forum has scared me a bit on the difficulty of the FZ200. I'm not the guy who wants to learn/study photography. Neither is my wife. So most (if not all) shots will be done in Auto mode. Maybe, for some specific cases (I have watched the Houghton video's) I might switch to manual.

Size would be something to getting used to. FZ200 is not a device you can put in your pocket.

So, after my life story :), my Q:

Will the FZ200 give us good quality (not pro quality) in Auto mode or is it advisable to buy a real P&S like the TZ40?

All comments welcome

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 (Lumix DMC-TZ40)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow