First camera: X100S, hear me out please.

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thomas1988
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
First camera: X100S, hear me out please.
3 months ago

Hi there,

Recently went to Tokyo and got to make pictures with my Sony WX300 and an 5D Mk II (not mine). Seeing the images from the latter one, there is no going back to my Sony compact camera.

I am new to photography and I want to buy the Fujifilm X100S.
Im in my last year of study (thank God) and in february I go to work on a cruisehip for 4 months. Places I will visit: San Diego, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama Canal, Caribbean Islands, Miami, Quebec, Montreal, Newfoundland.My job onboard will be as an Maritime Officer (that means on the bridge, deck and in the engine room).

I want a compact camera that I can slip in my uniform trousers or boiler suit (wont take it too much into the engine room because of the conditions there) so I can take pictures during work ours (either for school project or just for fun).

As for the free time: there will be alot to see i reckon. Lot of people, ships and city's to photograph.

After the summer I will be done with school and will be away from home atleast 6 months a year for work and intend to do more travel in my free time.

Is the Fujifilm X100S cut out for a total beginner like me?? I noticed that although I have a 20x optical zoom on Sony, I hardly used it in Tokyo. I really like its size and slip it into my jeans easily. And I would like to have a viewfinder aswell.

Its a pretty pricey camera but after reading the reviews I think it will be a good investment. Though I will need to patient with it and 'learn' how to use it properly. Just hope the camera stays with me for a couple of years!

I think I'm already convinced but just need some thoughts from you guys!

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X100S Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow