XF56 f1.2 released and specs

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Martin Datzinger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,216
Like?
Re: Aperture ring
In reply to Ross Kennedy, 9 months ago

Well and exactly that is absolutely against my shooting habbits and my idea of something being "manual". I already hate all of my Nikons' back wheels for that reason: They are far too easily turned by accident because they are too close to the tumb. Camera orientation change -> wheel barely touched -> camera went from x-synch to Bulb -> shot ruined. Happend all too often to me. So I do want dedication and a little bit of concentration necessary to change aperture. I don't know anyone who changes aperture between each and every shot and the choice of the aperture alone is something that requires a thought process, so why make accoding dial that easy to operate (note: I still believe this is the more intuitive place to do it, rather than a thumb wheel).

I'm certain they changed the force needed to turn the aperture because of feedback, they are known to take user opinions seriously. Hence my hope they retrofit the older ones (quietly).

Best regards,
Martin

-- hide signature --

www.datzinger.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow