Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pasmia
Contributing MemberPosts: 517Gear list
Like?
Just how good is the 10-18mm
7 months ago

Long story short, I no longer have a camera. No lenses, nothing. I'll be buying into a new system here shortly and my utmost need in a system is an UWA, a fast standard prime, and a dedicated portrait lens. The fast standard and the portrait lens is easy to cover in any mount. The problem is my need for an UWA. My budget is limited for the time being and I can always add more down the road, but like everyone else, I want it all NOW! haha!

Anyways, I have 2k to spend. I absolutely want/need a body, a UWA lens, a fast standard, and a portrait lens. If there is anything left, I'll probably pick up a flash as well. I am strongly considering buying into NEX simply because of the 10-18mm lens looking so nice. That, and mixed with the fact that there are a couple of really affordable primes in this system. The only drawback being that I'm really not a fan of the NEX 7 body from what I remember playing with it in the store. I haven't had a chance to hold a NEX 6 yet, but the lack of the dual wheels like that on the NEX 7 (the only thing i did like about the 7) kind of sucks.  I won't even consider the 5 or the 3.

BTW, I'm coming from just a couple years of experience with M43, had to sell my gear to fund an emergency move. I realize that the M43's 7-14mm is an amazing lens as well but between it and a GX7, I'd pretty much be out of cash already. I've found NEX 6s go for $400-$500 and the 10-18 in the $650-$700 range.

Well, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow