XF56 f1.2 released and specs

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
a l b e r t
Senior MemberPosts: 1,291Gear list
Like?
Re: XF56 f1.2 released and specs
In reply to malcolml1, 8 months ago

malcolml1 wrote:

Yes - exactly - that's what I believe too. but some others argue differently.....and I am trying to understand why!

As bigpigpig has stated, the shutter speed would be the same, assuming they have the same metering.  Personally, I found that Fuji's metering is different than Canon, it tends to expose the scene brighter, perhaps due to having more DR in the sensor.

As a side note: people said Fuji's ISO is inflated.  But that is due to the metering.  Fuji exposes brighter, so higher ISO is used.  They should check the histogram before they declare Fuji having inflated ISO.

People are confused by the FF lens gathering more light because it covers a larger image circle.  Yes it gathers more light, BUT the light also needs to be spread out in a larger surface area.  So the amount of light intensity per unit area on FF is the same as APS-C.  This is why the same aperture on FF = APS-C = camera phone.

However, lens FOV is different with different sensor size.  This is why manufacturers use 85mm on FF, but 56mm on APS-C.  This conversion is correct.  But you don't see them converting f-stop from a FF lens to a different value on an APS-C lens, right?  This already tells you f-stop is the same (exposure OR light intensity per unit area), regardless of sensor size.

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-E2 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow