Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KwhyChang
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,157Gear list
Like?
Lightroom 5.3
11 months ago

Am looking for just a little more direction.

I mostly shoot jpgs and will continue mostly that way.

Nothing against RAW. It's just that I prefer to be out shooting and I don't like to spend time editing on a computer. Some may understand, OK, post processing it's not fun for me.

That being said... on Cyber Monday I went for a deal on Lightroom 5 and have updated to 5.3 and have used it for lens corrections mostly.

I did watch the very informative videos Adobe has and have learned a lot, but am looking for a little more info on the few shots I may process. In challenging lighting or with family images is when I might use RAW and am looking for help with these kind of images. What is too much sharpening? I try to expose to the right, sometimes, with histograms, but need some guidance with how to use that.

Am using a Canon 5D or Sony A7, regarding this question. I shoot mostly landscape, travel, and family events.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow