Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Penny123
Regular MemberPosts: 275
Like?
What does this mean?
6 months ago

I had posted a thread on my new 70-200 which I love, everything looks more alive in the photos. I had made a comment about some focus issues and a couple had suggested that shooting at 200mm 2.8 the dof was very thin which I understand (I was focussing on an eye and they were soft but the nose was pin sharp). Unfortunately the weather hasn't been great to get out and practice since so I have been looking back at some photos I have taken with it plus taken a few on a tripod around the house. Looking closely at most of my shots with it they have a softness but the ones that are sharp are very sharp.

I mounted it on a tripod tonight and used my wireless shutter and took the same shot through the shutter and another in live view. What I have noticed is the live view ones are sharper. The others aren't out of focus but when I look in closely there isn't such fine detail. It is minimal but I do prefer the ones taken with live view. I don't have af fine tune with the D90. Just wondered if this was normal?

Image 1: view finder

Image 2: live view

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow