How does todays digital camera handle this super cold??

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dog house riley
Regular MemberPosts: 236Gear list
Like?
How does todays digital camera handle this super cold??
11 months ago

Here in the Ohio river valley we've been going through some very cold weather, and so has a good part of the rest of the eastern U.S. so! just what happens to the electrics in todays digital wonders, and just how much cold can they handle before damage sets in?

I can remember years ago i used to venture out in zero to a few degrees above zero with my old FM2, I have a "goose down" parka and I'd go to a local st. park and walk, I had my 35 2.5 series E, lens and Kodachrome 64 and a tri pod, still have the tri pod,[Bogen 3021] I had a D90s, but didn't trust it in the extreme cold, the FM2 never failed in the cold, today I'm a lot smarter, I don't go out in that cold anymore and I don't trust my D700 in that intense cold.

Just how much can these electronic wonders take? And what do the camera makers say about using in intense cold?

"dog house riley"

dog house riley's gear list:dog house riley's gear list
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 +12 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow