If you would choe mirrorless, what would be your reason?

Started 11 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,570Gear list
Like?
If you would choe mirrorless, what would be your reason?
11 months ago

I guess many Canon DSLR users are quite fond of their cams nd do not need or ant a mirrorless. Most things heard are the OVF and the superior PDAF. Sometimes lenschoice too. Suppose these would become so good, they are not a reason not to buy them. What would your main reason be too switch. Would it be a one system that fits all your needs. A larger and a smaller body for a system with still large fast zooms? Suppose you are close to switch or partly switch, what are your reasons? I wonder how Canon DSLR users think about this and how it compares to other users. Thanks!

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
POLL
To me it is THE SYSTEM size and weight are important. All lenses need to be a good match for the body. It needs to be significantly smaller than my DSLR otherwise what is the point? (think of GX7, EM1, EM5 or V1/V2 if you think it is good enough etc).
30.4% 7  votes
A smaller body is what I want. Size and weight are a not very important. The lenses may be the same size and weight as my current set up. (Think Samsung NX30 or Sony NEX)
8.7% 2  votes
Size and weight are not so important. I'll just will buy two bodies from the same system. A smaller one for the smaller lenses and a bigger one for the big and fast zooms. So I can travel light when I want to and bigger when needed. Think of NEX5+ A7, GM1 + EM5 or NX-30 + NX2000, bigger Canon mirrorless when it comes + EOS M.
8.7% 2  votes
Sensorsize is more important than weight/size: I will buy a A7 kind of cam once it fits my needs. The body is small. The lenses are okey even if the fast zooms are bigger and heavier then my current ones.
17.4% 4  votes
Size and weight are very important. I want to keep my DSLR and add a small mirrorless that is capable enough with the smaller lenses available (think EOS-M, GM1, NX2000, NEX3, J1 or V1).
34.8% 8  votes
  Show results
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+500New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow