First Prime for NEX 6? (Swings and round-abouts)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike505
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
First Prime for NEX 6? (Swings and round-abouts)
7 months ago

Well I've been lurking around the forum for long enough and figured I best register...primarily out of fustration.

I recently Graduated from a point and shoot (TZ-7) to a Nex 6 with the 16-50mm. Originally I intended to buy the 35mm f1.8 but after using the 16-50mm I realised that most of the shots I take are around 16-25mm/ 35mm equiv...ish

So I started hunting for my next lense/ my go to prime and found the Sigma 19mm, Zeiss 24mm and Sony 20mm Pancake. My intended use will be a little landscape but mostly indoor/low light hand held work and maybe a few shots of the night sky while wild camping. I considered the 10-18 f4 because of the OSS but am worried that f4 will be too restrictive in low light, I already find I want a little more light with the 16-50 at f3.5 sometimes.

The Zeiss would maybe more lense than I need for the minute but lets in plent of light and would perhapse be more useful than the 19mm Sigma but cost a health amount more...

One more note we have dogs (very distractible dogs) so a fast lense is desirable.

Any advice would be greatly appriciated, thank in advance of any offered.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow