Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,787Gear list
Like?
I was waiting, but pulled the trigger on the FZ200
11 months ago

I was hoping for an update worth buying from any manufacturer, but I ordered an FZ200.  The final decision came down wanting to keep it setup for birds and macros with various accessories, like Red dot site, Telecons, Raynox, etc.

It also uses the same batteries as my G5.  So instead of buying a 100-300 I got the FZ200.

I did buy a Panasonic Leica 25mm f1.4 for the G5.

I have not intended to be a Panasonic lover, but I have thoroughly enjoyed them.  I love the menus, iAuto (when needed in a hurry) and the image quality and features.

So I am not a fan-boy, but I really like Panasonic.  I wish they were able to get more room at the table at places like Best Buy.

I travel for work and stop into many Best Buys, and they never have Panasonic cameras, and the only Olympus cameras they have are the Tough models.

-- hide signature --
 phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow