Sell me into another system (coming from M43)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pasmia
Contributing MemberPosts: 517Gear list
Like?
Sell me into another system (coming from M43)
7 months ago

TLDR@theEnd

M43 was my first system camera that I got into a couple years ago. I've gone through 2 bodies and a few lenses, from standard kit zooms to a handful of primes. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to sell whatever I could to pay for a rainy day and my photography gear was one of the first things to go. Now, I am without ANYTHING. I love the premise behind M43, but now that I'm a little more educated on photography, I'd like to get into what fits me rather than fitting myself into what I have.

So, my absolute must have for any system is to have UWA lens, a fast 35-50mm (film equiv), and a dedicated portrait lens. The more manual controls/buttons a camera has, the better. Aside from that, I'd like to keep portability in mind and decent video capability (60p or 50p)

I have under $2000US to spend and I have no problem buying refurbished or used (from reputable companies). I'd like to get more gear now rather than later, but for the amount of money I have, I know that it may take a while to get everything I want.

Anyways, I'd just like to hear some thoughts on the matter. I'm only familiar with M43 cameras and before buying into it again, I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking an obviously better fitting camera that may be out there already.

TLDR: I have absolutley NO GEAR anymore and I'm looking to buy into a system that best exemplifies portability, affordability, and offers at least 1080p video capture (mic input optional). I have less than $2000US ATM, but I don't NEED to buy a system in it's entirety right now. Three lens I always use are UWA, fast standard, and dedicated portrait. Open to suggestions.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow