Would you call this pixel peeping:

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Morris Sullivan
Senior MemberPosts: 3,725
Like?
Re: it makes no sense for YOU, not for ME
In reply to Basalite, 3 months ago

Basalite wrote:

You misunderstood something I previously said, only because you refused to take into consideration what the entire paragraph was saying.

What was it saying? That's the problem. You never clarify ANYTHING.

You kept asking for clarification and when that wasn't enough

What do you mean "that wasn't enough" I asked for clarification and you said "read the paragraph" That's not clarification. I ready the paragraph already. That's why I posted. If I misunderstood then saying "read the paragraph" isn't going to help.

Now here we are once again and you've said absolutely nothing to clarify anything. I asked direct questions which you ignored. Answering my questions might help clarify things.

you bring something else in unrelated to what you were confused about in the first place. Whether it is from another thread or not doesn't matter.

Move on already.

No. I'm sure you will soon enough. But I'm not going anywhere until you either "clarify" or ignore me. Guess which one I'm expecting.

Here's a few things you can clarify. Ignore all previous context as if these were just fresh questions.

-=-=-

You just stated in another post that most monitors do not have a high enough pixel density to require zooming past 100%. If that's the case then you must be able to see pixels at 100%. Agree?

You can't claim most people don't see pixels at 100% and then claim that most people can see all available detail at 100%.

Agree?

-=-=-

In another post you claimed that you can see pixel level differences in 650 ppi prints, now you're claiming you can't see pixels in your 109 ppi display. Let alone the typical 92 dpi display.

Do you stand by both of these statements?

Why?

(and please explain, don't just say "because they are true" I'm actually interested in your explanation)

-=-=-

You said:

"That would depend on the pixel density of your monitor. With a 2MP monitor I can see the entire image at 100% on my iPad."

That is a complete statement meaning you can see "the entire image at 100%" on a 2MP monitor. The only way that would be possible is if you were dealing with a 2MP image.

Is this not what you meant?

If not, what did you mean?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow