Why did you go with the Fuji XE/XPro-1 ILC

Started 8 months ago | Polls thread
57LowRider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,414Gear list
Like?
Re: Why did you go with the Fuji XE/XPro-1 ILC
In reply to Jorginho, 8 months ago

Size and weight has something to do with it, but after the fact that I bought in to the system. Initially, the X-E1 was deputising for the Leica M240 (in my imagination); it was the dials and aperture ring wot done it, guv.

Happily, the usability immediately gelled with me and everything else since has been a huge bonus (firmware updates, gorgeous lenses, operability and compatibility with legacy glass). It was the old-school controls that hooked me, though, and I'm so glad they did.

I often go out with my X-E1 hung round my neck and stuffed down my jacket; even with the rather-big 23 this is ok and with something like the 27 pancake, I don't even notice it's there. If it's not round my neck, it's in my rucksack, so I have it with me with one lens or another virtually 24/7 - and 24/7 might happen with a smartphone, but certainly not with a DSLR. So, result!

57LowRider's gear list:57LowRider's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow