Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wizardofdroz
Junior MemberPosts: 35Gear list
Like?
Left Eye Dominant Photographer and Touchscreen LCD on MFT cameras
7 months ago

I had a conversation with a senior member of the forum last night and I thought  I would  post the highlights.

I am making the switch from a large Canon DSLR to MFT. I had been looking primarily at the OMD EM 1 as an option, but through feedback in previous posts I put Panasonic Lumix cameras in my search.

I just wanted to share something I noticed about the Lumix G6. I am left eye dominant which means that on practically every DSLR or MFT with a fixed or tilt only LCD screen my nose pokes the center of the screen. With the articulated screen on the G6 I can pivot it to the left and my nose fits nicely in the space where the screen was. That may not be a detail others care about but it is an ergonomic feature that works for me. I haven't made a decision yet, but with either fixed or tilt-only touch screens like on the E5 or E1 I think I could inadvertently change the AF spot with my nose. Not wanting to endure plastic surgery just for the sake of using a MFT, a camera with a fully articulated screen is now a priority. Although the GX7 with the moveable viewfinder might be a possibility.

I would be interested in hearing from others on this issue with any recommendations you may have.

thanks!

-- hide signature --

"Shoot low, they're riding Shetlands!"
-Anonymous

Wizardofdroz's gear list:Wizardofdroz's gear list
Olympus E-410 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow