URGENT: what kit zoom lens with good AF and cobra flash for indoor VIP photography with the em-5

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
greg57
Regular MemberPosts: 324Gear list
Like?
URGENT: what kit zoom lens with good AF and cobra flash for indoor VIP photography with the em-5
10 months ago

Dear all,

an uncommon assignment has popped up and I'll soon be shooting groups of VIPs shaking hands, talking etc during a symposium kind of event (indoors). I generally shoot with available light but I've been instructed to use a flash. I also own a pentax K5 and a nice sigma 17-50 lens but I don't trust its AF for indoor photography AT ALL (personal experience). So basically I'm thinking about getting a Metz 36 or Metz 44 and a decent enough zoom kit. Do the Metz flashes have properly working AF illumination? Most crucially, what would be the kit zoom with the best low-light AF on the EM-5?

My max budget flash + kit zoom will be around USD600 max (not being cheap here, I know good equipment requires investment but that's all I can currently afford).

Thanks in advance for your answers

-- hide signature --

Gregory Dziedzic
istanbulcandids.com

greg57's gear list:greg57's gear list
Pentax K-5
ANSWER:
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
INew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow