Nikon D3300 is $499 - how can mirrorless compete?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: Same thing the other way around :-)
In reply to antoineb, 8 months ago

antoineb wrote:

So funnily enough I'm reading this the other way around: Nikon HAVE TO price the D3300 very low just so that people will take a look!

To get people to take a look???  The D3000 series is one of the best selling cameras of all time.

D3100, D3200, Rebel T3i/550 -- you are getting a remarkable amount of camera capabilities and IQ for a relatively small amount of money.  $500 and you essentially have the same IQ, and with the D3300, 1080p60 HD video found in the higher end, top-of-the-line APS-C cameras.

Almost every schmo with a YouTube channel has one of these cameras for their videos, and most of them look great.  And no, those smartphones that already have cameras on them, cannot compete with either moving or still images from this class of camera in any way.

I do agree that the comparison to the high end EM-1 kind of misses the fact that the EM1 has much higher grade build quality.   On IQ and specs alone,  the D3300 class of camera competes with tons of other more expensive cameras.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow