Veteran MemberPosts: 8,653
Like?
Re: Beyond 100%
In reply to Basalite, 8 months ago

Basalite wrote:

Prognathous wrote:

Basalite wrote:
On most current monitors, not really.

Actually, it's the opposite. Modern monitors usually have smaller pixels, so it's now more difficult to see the differences in demosaicing algorithms without going to higher-than-100% magnifications.

My comment stands.

Wasn't your comment that on current monitors there's no difference in the details seen between 100% and 400% when comparing demosaicing algorithms? If so, your comment does NOT stand to reality. It's exactly on these monitors where one would need to go to 400% to see the differences, where as with old monitors that used larger pixels you could potentially see such differences when using 100%.

Of course there is nothing beyond 100% of what makes the image what it is. A high enough ppi could potentially force one to zoom in closer but that's not the same thing for the way most of us view and edit our images today,

Don't speak for "the most of us". You're obviously in a minority here.

and certainly not a situation affected by the big differences you claim from different raw processing algorithms in use today, because those big differences don't exist.

Where did I claim there's a "big difference"?

Nothings changed. Your claims of big differences between the raw developers of today simply don't exist.

I didn't claim there are big differences. I claimed there are differences which are only visible when using higher than 100% magnification. You don't seem to disagree, so I'll take it that you concede the claim that "There's nothing more beyond and below 100%". Good.

Prog.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oren_b

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow