Why did you go with the Fuji XE/XPro-1 ILC

Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,074Gear list
Like?
Re: Why did you go with the Fuji XE/XPro-1 ILC
In reply to Jorginho, 6 months ago

A DSLR has always been too big, heavy and awkward for me to both carry safely and out of the way in the field AND get into action quickly. When managing super-athletic dogs, carrying all the stuff needed to sustain man and dogs in the field for extended periods, pushing through miles of heavy cover and rough terrain and trying to gun, dealing with a DSLR is just too much. That said, a DSLR can do things that my Fuji still cannot - especially under difficult photographic conditions - so, I still have mine and use it when I: (a) need those capabilities; and (b) am able to carry the thing. Each of those circumstances are rare individually, combined they are very rare - so, the Fuji is used 99% of the time. But, the DSLR system still can be useful in those narrow circumstances and it doesn't eat anything sitting in the closet, so I would not "ditch" it, sell it, etc.

If and when Fuji develops a camera body with the sort of fast autofocus provided by a high quality DSLR, then I will happily "ditch" the DSLR.  That hasn't happened yet.

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow