XF56 f1.2 released and specs

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Martin Datzinger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,216
Like?
Aperture ring
In reply to a l b e r t, 6 months ago

I'm pretty much on a decission here because I'd like to invest in a kit prime lenses and I have yet to decide which system. I have a D600 with the 2.8 zooms as workhorses. From the primes I want to have a decidedly different shooting experience. So it may very well become the Fuji with 23/1.4, 35/1.4 and a 90/2 they'll hopefully release someday (but sadly not before 2016, according to the roadmap - why they'll rather stick to big tele zooms I don't know).

Or I chicken and invest on Sigma, the 35 already being excellent, the 50 was announced yesterday and a 135 is very much on the horizon.

But honestly the Fuji route is somehow more tempting, a system more around what I'd expect from prime lens shooting. Aperture rings and stuff. But there is the issue, the XF primes' aperture rings until now looked very floppy to me. So I very much welcome that the 56's announcement states "The aperture ring is designed to ensure it’s easy to detect ‘clicks’ between f-stops"

I guess that stems from user feedback, a thing Fuji is very much known to take serious. So do you think they'll facelift the existing lenses for a stiffer aperture ring? IMO they could go from 1/3 to 1/2 stop detents at the same time, but a ring that can't be turned by the tip of the small finger or by accident would be nice enough for me.

Best regards,

Martin

-- hide signature --

www.datzinger.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow