Started 8 months ago | Polls thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,174Gear list
Like?
Re: Why did you go with the Fuji XE/XPro-1 ILC
In reply to LincolnB, 8 months ago

LincolnB wrote:

Jorginho wrote:

After some debate elsewhere I wondered what made youg guys go for the Fuji series. I can come up with quite a few, but leave it up to you. Thanks for responding!

I got the XE-1 very recently. I wanted something with better high ISO performance than my Micro Four Thirds gear. On some action shots and low-light shots the Panasonic simply couldn't do it, even with fairly fast lenses. The Fuji allows me to use all of the legacy Nikon lenses I'd been using on my M4/3.

As a bonus, the Fuji seems to have extra dynamic range in the RAW files over the Panasonic. I've been able to push ETTR exposures much harder without blowing highlights and to recover underexposed shots without as much problems with shadow noise.

Depends on a bit on which Panny you used, but I got an EPL5 for the very same reasons: dynamic range especially was a notable step up over my GH2. But I noted colour depth, tonailyt etc were all clearly better and I am talking RAWs here. I think the new Panasonic sensors have clearly moved up (finally) but to my mind, they are late with that. It is not unlikely a new APS_c sensor will be developped soon by Sony and they are back to square 1 again.

Otoh: it seems Panny and Fuji are now developpong new sensors together, so one they we essentially will have the same sensors in our cam. One APS-c size, the other 4/3 size. If they do it well, I am not complaining! Thanks for responding BTW!

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow